Saturdays & Sundays • December 8-23, 2012
The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and Roaring Camp Railroads are pleased to announce a very special holiday event - Holiday Out With Thomas!
Ticket price includes:
- A twenty-five minute round-trip Thomas train ride departing from the Boardwalk featuring Santa and his elves, candy canes, holiday carols and a souvenir song book
- A ride on the historic Boardwalk Carousel
- Boardwalk attraction ticket good for choice of mini-golf, laser tag, or 12 arcade tokens
- "Make and take" Thomas ornament
- Photo opportunities with Sir Topham Hatt & Thomas the Tank Engine
- Other fun activities including face painting, temporary tattoos, and crafts
$24.00 per person (ages 2 & up)
Advance ticket purchase recommended.
Events are rain or shine.
Ticket sales are final.
Tickets are also available by calling
TicketWeb at 866-468-7630.
The Carousel Motel (within walking distance of the train departure point) is offering special rates to all train guests.
Rates subject to space availability. Advance reservations required.
Call the Carousel Motel at (831) 425-7090 for information.
Just reference the "Train" rate when reserving your room.
Holiday Out With Thomas FAQs
Holiday Out With Thomas is a holiday event that offers children and their grownups the opportunity to ride a train pulled by beloved storybook friend Thomas the Tank Engine. Parents, grandparents and siblings join their aspiring engineers for the fun. The Holiday Out With Thomas experience will engineer miles of smiles for the whole family and introduce a new generation to the timeless excitement of railroading.
Who is Thomas the Tank Engine?
Since Thomas the Tank Engine left the depot more than 50 years ago, this Really Useful Engine and his Island of Sodor friends have chugged their way into the hearts of pre-schoolers and grownups worldwide. Based on The Railway Series of classic stories authored by a father who loved trains and wanted a shared experience with his son, Thomas & Friends is a rite of passage that inspires the imagination while teaching life lessons of friendship, exploration and cooperation.
What are the appropriate ages for Holiday Out With Thomas?
Holiday Out With Thomas is a family event that welcomes passengers of all ages.
What does each Holiday Out With Thomas ticket include?
Each Holiday Out With Thomas ticket includes the following activities, so plan to spend the day!
- A 25 minute train ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- Santa and his elves will join you onboard to sing holiday carols
- Photo opportunity with Sir Topham Hatt and Thomas The Tank Engine (Photos may be purchased for an additional charge)
- A ride on the Boardwalks historic Looff Carousel
- A Boardwalk attraction ticket good for choice of miniature golf, laser tag, or 12 arcade tokens
- Make-and-take Thomas holiday ornament
- Holiday face painting
- Temporary tattoos featuring Island of Sodor friends
- Wooden train tables and other activities
What are the hours for the activities associated with the event?
- 8:00am- Boardwalk parking lot opens, $6/car
- 8:30am-1:00pm- Will-Call/Day-Of Sales (at Season Pass/Group Sales Office)
- 9:00am-2:00pm- Carousel, Make-and-take Thomas ornament station, face painting, temporary tattoos, Thomas merchandise, train tables and activity stations
- 9:00am-closing- Casino Arcade, Neptune's Kingdom, Miniature Golf, Laser Tag
- 10:00am-2:00pm- Photos with Sir Topham Hatt (he will need to take breaks throughout this time period)
Who needs tickets?
Tickets are required for all guests ages two and up.
How will I receive my tickets?
All tickets must be picked up at Will-Call which is located in the Boardwalks Season Pass/Group Sales Office near Neptunes Kingdom. This office will open at 8:30am each event day.
When should we arrive for our train ride with Thomas?
It is recommended that guests arrive at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk at least forty-five minutes before their scheduled departure.
Where is the event and who is hosting it?
Santa Cruz Holiday Out With Thomas is a joint venture between Roaring Camp Railroads and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Train departures and all related activities are at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk: 400 Beach Street, Santa Cruz, California 95060 (831) 423-5590. Parking is $6 per car.
Will the rides be operating at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk during the Thomas Event?
A free Carousel ride is included in your Holiday Out With Thomas ticket price.
Please call (831) 423-5590 on the day of your visit to confirm if any other rides are scheduled to open. The Boardwalks Arcades and Boardwalk Bowl will be in full operation.
Are discount tickets available?
There are no discount tickets available for Holiday Out With Thomas.
Are there any refunds?
There will be no refunds or exchanges.
What happens if it rains?
Event happens rain or shine. All train cars are covered and all activities are inside or in covered locations.
Will Thomas merchandise be available?
Yes, Thomas merchandise will be available in the event area.
Do you recommend purchasing tickets in advance?
Due to the popularity of Holiday Out With Thomas, advance ticket purchase is highly recommended. It is not uncommon for events to sell out. When purchasing tickets you will be asked to select a specific date and time for your ride with Thomas. Your ticket is valid only for that date and time.
Is there assigned seating on the train?
Tickets are assigned by time, date and car number. Car #1 is the closest passenger car to Thomas the Tank Engine.
How long is the train ride?
The train ride is approximately 25 minutes in length.
Are you limited to just one train ride?
Due to the limited space available, each ticket entitles the holder to one train ride.
Where do I park?
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk parking lot (on Beach St. across from Neptune's Kingdom) will be open at 8:00am each event day. Cost is $6/car.
What other information will help us plan our arrival?
What happened to the Santa Cruz Holiday Lights Train?
The Holiday Lights Train will be running in the evenings. See Roaring Camp Events Webpage for more information.